Coan, Payton & Payne, LLC is seeking a Legal Assistant for our Greeley office. We offer a competitive salary and great benefits but, more importantly, we offer a positive and team-oriented environment that empowers great client service and results in high job satisfaction. We also offer you an opportunity to work and succeed with the best legal team in northern Colorado.
As a Legal Assistant, you will provide legal and administrative support to attorneys. This position requires the ability to work for multiple timekeepers on a daily basis. We need someone with a proven eye for detail and an obsession for organization as well as good writing and editing skills. The successful candidate will have a passion for client service and take pride in delivering excellent work product both to attorneys and clients.
Skills/Experience and Education Requirements:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent; Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred
• 5+ years’ experience as a legal assistant with a high quality law firm; preference shown to applicants with a background in litigation and/or real estate law
• Highly organized and proactive
• Excellent communication, grammar and proofreading skills
• Strong technical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite as well as Adobe Acrobat Pro
• Must be able laugh and maintain a good sense of humor.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Able to remain flexible with regard to assigned duties and demonstrate a desire to learn and grow
• Work well under deadline pressures
• Apply ingenuity and problem-solving skills to meet client and firm demands
• Experience with state and federal court filing systems including ECF and PACER
• Experience drafting simple pleadings and correspondence
• Experience docketing and tracking deadlines
• Experience with basic real estate transactions
• Experience with Worldox or other document management system preferred
This is a full time position with hours from 8:00AM — 5:00PM Monday — Friday. Candidates for this position will be subject to pre-employment criminal and financial background checks as well as drug screening. Interested candidates for the position can send their resume as well as a brief letter of introduction describing your goals and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We will contact you if your resume indicates that you are a strong candidate for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
Compensation for this position depends on experience and ranges from $19.00 – $23.00 per hour